Vineyard Designate

Casa De Vinas

Cabernet Sauvignon

Livermore Valley

2014

Our Vineyard Designate Cabernet Sauvignon wines are produced to showcase the distinctions of the finest Cabernet vineyards in the Livermore Valley. Only the best sites and the best fruit from each particular vintage are chosen to stand alone bearing the Vineyard Designate label and their signature red band.

Wine Profile
Specifications
Accolades

Tasting Notes

Casa de Vinas has once again proved why it is a hallmark vineyard here in the Livermore Valley. This 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon bursts out of the glass with aromatics of dark chocolate covered cherries and strawberries, streaks of bright red fruit and hints of herbal and olive undertones we have come to expect from this exceptional site. The wine is rich and mouthwatering with classic gritty texture and a long lingering finish of caramel, toffee and toasted coconut. A wonderful wine with many years left to lay down and drink in the future.

Vineyard Sources

100% Casa de Vinas

Production

Hand picked and delivered to the winery on October 10th. Destemmed immediately without crushing. 60% destemmed to open top bins and fermented with native yeast for 18 days with daily punchdowns. The remaining 40% destemmed to tank and fermented using D254 yeast with daily pumpovers for a 10 days skin time. Both lots pressed separately keeping free run separated and blended post ML. Cooped in 100% French oak (3 new, 1 2nd use) for 22months.

Vintage
2014
Wine Type
Red
Appellation
Livermore Valley
Varietal Composition
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
(Casa De Vinas)
Acid
6.1
pH
3.55
Alcohol %
14.4
Cases Produced
100